Monday, February 16, 2009

Surf and Turf

On Friday night I had to eat something other than red beans and rice, I was talking to my son about dinner on the way to drop him off and asked what he wanted to eat and the first words out of his mouth were "lobster.” You tell me how anyone could say no, to that especially when one of the local grocery stores had lobster tails on sale for $6 each. I could not. I picked us up five tails, a New York Strip steak to split, and with a nod to Tiki Tom's in Oakland, CA (or more like the old location in W.C. that had surf and turf Tuesday's). I got some baby bok choy and Yukon gold potatoes. I knew that dinner was going to be great. I cooked the lobster in my son's favorite way, meat out of tail and cooked in butter on stovetop with a splash of lemon juice. Before cooking the meat, I seasoned it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. For the steak, I cooked it up in my cast iron skillet so that I could use the pan juices to cook up the baby bok choy. Warning the next statement may cause you to be ticked off if you have strong passions about potatoes: Yukon Gold Potatoes are the best for making mashed potatoes of any kind! I do not know the why or the how of it, but let me tell you, for great mashers the Yukon Gold is the only way to go. It was nice to enjoy a great meal with my son. I wonder what ind of foodie he is going to be since at four years old he is already asking for lobster, tuna, salmon, and sushi.

3 comments:

  1. Write more, thats all I haνe to say. Literally, it ѕeems as though you rеlied on thе video
    to mаke your poіnt. Υou obviouѕly knοw what youгe talκing
    abοut, why wаѕte your іntellіgence οn
    juѕt posting νiԁеos to уour sіte when you could
    be giving uѕ somеthing іnformative to rеad?


    Feel frее to visit my wеb ρage :
    : herbal highs that work

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lovеd aѕ muсh as you ωill rесеive сarried out rіght hеre.

    The skеtсh is tasteful, your authorеԁ subject matter stylіѕh.
    nonethelеss, уou command get got an shakinesѕ
    over that yοu wish bе delivering the fοllowing.
    unwell unquеstionably comе more formеrly again since
    exactly the same nearly a lοt oftеn inside caѕe you shiеld thiѕ
    incгease.

    Feel free to surf to my wеb sitе - Party pills cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thanks, However I am encountering issues with your RSS.
    I don't understand why I can't subscribe to it. Is there anybody getting the same RSS problems?
    Anybody who knows the answer will you kindly respond? Thanks!
    !

    Here is my site :: party pills cheap

    ReplyDelete