Sunday, February 1, 2009

Farm Trip

Today we went and saw where some of our food comes from. We took about an hour drive out to Suffolk and visited the awesome folks at Full Quiver Farm. I cannot begin to tell you how neat it was to see not only where our food comes from, but to get the opportunity to meet our food producers. The family who works Full Quiver was on hand to answer any of our questions, such as why chickens are available in the warmer months of the year. We got to see a two day old cow, some goats, pigs, tons of chickens, and the new chicks that had recently arrived. Our trip was worth the time and really helped us see the relationship that we have with the land, the farmer, and our food. This was a great lesson to teach our 4 year old and one that I hope he appreciates.

Dinner was the pork stir-fry that I wrote about a few days ago. Pictures will be coming soon. For the sauce, I combined about 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce, a tablespoon of soy sauce, and a teaspoon of honey. The sauce was great, my son ate as much as he could and my husband drank some Gewürztraminer with me. It was a nice and relaxing night. I hope that you enjoy your dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment