Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Full Quiver Italian Sausage Dinner


I wanted to make up some food that we having sitting in the freezer from our last trip to the farm and I decided to use the Italian Sausage that we picked up. I made this into a simple pasta sauce and all of us enjoyed it immensely. I think that the only problem is that I am getting ruined on other meat. The flavor of the meat that we have purchased from the farm is just so good I do not want to eat meat that is not 100% Organic anymore. Trust me when I say that the price difference is more than made up for in flavor. I only wish that more organic meat was readily available. Anyway, I could go on a huge local organic rant, but why bother, here is the recipe from last night.


1 pound package of Full Quiver Farm Italian Sausage

1 drained 280z. can of Muir Glenn Organic Diced Tomatoes

1/2 onion, diced

1 teaspoon of chopped garlic

2 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning

4 tablespoons of grated Parmesano Reggiano

1/2 box of organic thin spaghetti


Bring a pot of water to boil. Heat a large skillet on high and add sausage, cook sausage until browned, drain and place in a bowl. Using the same skillet reduce heat, add onion and garlic and cook for 5-10 minutes. When onion is translucent add tomatoes and seasoning. Simmer for 3 minutes and return sausage to pan. Add pasta to boiling water, while waiting for pasta to cook, simmer sausage mixture on low. When pasta is done, about 8 minutes, drain and mix pasta with sausage sauce. Garnish with cheese and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment