Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dinner

The last few days have been crazy. Long days followed by longer nights has left me with little interest in cooking any amazing dinners. Sunday was grilled cheese, John had white bread with Munster with grapes, I chose to have a Jalapeno Cheddar Bread with sharp Cheddar and a small salad. On Monday we ate Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken with Rice and somehow I managed to burn, yes burn the broccoli that I was cooking to go with it. I had no idea that broccoli could burn. It was very strange and an experience I hope to never repeat (the smell was awful). Last night after karate I was so tired that I let John eat cheese, grapes, and crackers for dinner. Tonight John requested the pork stir fry that I have written about before. I am in no mood to deal with a fight over dinner so pork stir fry it is.

On a different note, we have given up all fast food for Lent this year. Last year we did the same thing and with a busy schedule and two kids, the drive thru looks tempting quite a bit of the time, so this can be a challenge. I am looking forward to some creativity with lunches, if anything is really interesting I will definitely write about it. What do you give up for Lent?

No comments:

Post a Comment