Thursday, February 5, 2009

The only Rachel Ray Recipe worth Trying


I must say that I cannot stand Rachel Ray. She is annoying, laughs at her own jokes, uses cheesy abbreviations that for some reason other people have decided is a good idea (I am talking to you Restaurant Secrets Lady), and uses the strangest flavors in her cooking. However a few years ago I happened to catch an episode that made for the first and last time want to cook something I saw on her show, Beef and Black Bean Chili with Green Onion Corn Cakes. I do not follow her recipe exactly for anything but the corn cakes. I add in more meat, more beans, more chili powder, and use tomato paste instead of sauce to thicken the chili. If you are willing to give this recipe a try I promise that you will not be disappointed. Here is the link to the Food Network site: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/beef-and-black-bean-chili-with-green-onion-corn-cakes-recipe/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment