Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cravings Salad Lunch


When I was pregnant with my daughter I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and I found myself always craving one of my favorite things, Chili's Boneless Buffalo Wings. I highly doubt that more than one of Chili's Boneless Buffalo Wings would be considered diabetic friendly let alone an order of them. So, to get my Chili's cravings taken care of in a healthier and more economical way I used to turn to those wonderful food scientists at Morningstar Farms who have found a way to make vegetables taste better than chicken. The other day for lunch I was having a simillar craving so here is what I did.

Bake 4 of the "Buffalo Wings" according to package directions. Let cool and add hot sauce, I recommend using something like Texas Pete's or Louisiana Hot Sauce. Mix the nuggets and sauce up in a plastic bag. Cut one Romaine Heart into bite size pieces, place in bowl. Dice a tomato and add to lettuce, shred 1 ounce of Colby Jack Cheese over lettuce and tomato, add 1 tablespoon of Ranch dressing, top with Boneless Buffalo Wings, and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment