Sunday, March 1, 2009

Fish Friday with Mango Salad




John and I were not in agreement over dinner on Friday. I wanted to make scallops, John regularly says "I am so over scallops." What a sad state of affairs. I decided that the last thing I wanted after a long and tiring week was an argument over dinner, so I made his favorite, Salt and Sugar Salmon. I needed something more to go with this, so I made a mango salad. This is a super simple salad that consists of diced mangoes, avocado chunks, red onion, red bell pepper, and little bit of feta, topping mixed greens. The dressing is what really makes this salad, the juice of a lime mixed with honey. I love this dressing and use it in many of the summer salads that I make, which considering how warm it was here on Friday, it seemed like the perfect dish. Here is John's picture of his meal.




On a different note, it is obvious that spring is in the air. I experienced my first taste of grill envy on Friday night. The smell drifting off a neighbor's grill filled the air and made me long for something other than the excellent meal that I was having. I hope that the smells of warm weather are headed your way too, and if you live near me, I hope that your grill envy gets you outside cooking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment