Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Egg Salad







I have not been cooking much for dinner as the days are sooo very long for me lately. I have been playing around with my lunches. One experiment was this egg salad. I made this yesterday and must have been feeling like eating something green to celebrate St. Patty's Day.


Egg Salad with Dill and Capers

2 hard boiled Eggs (use only one yolk)
1 tablespoon of capers with juice
1/2 teaspoon of fresh copped dill
1 tiny little bit of mayo
Salt and Pepper to taste
2 pieces of toasted Sourdough Bread
1/2 cup of arugula

Dice eggs, place in bowl and mix with other ingredients. I hate mayo so I only used a tiny bit to try and glue the mixture together, for those who like mayo, use more. Place arugula on toasted bread, top with egg salad, serve and enjoy.


Just a note on this recipe; I may try to play with this more, I was not able to really get the salad to stick together, probably due to the lack of mayo... I also need to work on my picture taking...

No comments:

Post a Comment