Saturday, March 7, 2009

Spaghetti and Meatballs


It must of been Sunday last week, I was falling asleep and watching Throwdown, a show I do not think I have ever watched before and I was inspired to make Meatballs for dinner. I also want to head to Northport, New York and eat at Maroni Cuisine, but that will have to wait. Inspired by Mike Maroni's recipes simplicity I decided to give my meatballs a makeover. I made some rigatoni since I had enough left in a box and served up a simple Cesar salad on the side and enjoyed with the rest of the family. Here is my simple meatball recipe:


Meatballs


1 lb. of ground chuck

1/2 teaspoon of chopped garlic

1/4 cup of bread crumbs

1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley

1 tablespoon of grated pecorino romano cheese

1 egg


Simply mix all ingredients and form into balls. Place meatballs in a skillet and add water to cover about half way. Heat skillet on medium low and cook for about 15 minutes. Check to make sure that there is no pink meat visible add meatballs to sauce. When serving top with more cheese and some fresh basil.


No comments:

Post a Comment