Sunday, March 1, 2009

Oven Roasted Chicken with Pan Mushroom Sauce


The kids enjoyed their meal, now it was time for the adults to eat. I made oven roasted chicken with a pan mushroom sauce. I served this with Mahatma Long Grain and Wild Rice mix. I forgot to add the greens, but I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. I am going to do my best to recreate the sauce, but since I was not measuring, forgive my use of eyeballing it terms.




Oven Roasted Chicken with Pan Mushroom Sauce




4 boneless skinless chicken breasts


1/2 tablespoon of lemon zest

1 tablespoon of fresh parsley

1 tablespoon of onion powder

1/2 tablespoon of ground black pepper

1/2 tablespoon of salt

1/2 cup of mushrooms

1/4 cup of vegetable broth

a splash of milk

1 teaspoon of butter

1 cup of spinach for each serving


Heat oven to 425 degrees F. While oven is preheating season both sides of chicken breast with the first 5 ingredients. When oven is heated cook chicken for about 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F. Place chicken on a plate to rest. Take pan that chicken cooked in and place on a burner heated to medium. Add butter, using a wooden spoon stir melted butter to get up pan drippings, add broth and mushrooms, stirring for 5 minutes. Right before serving add milk and stir, reduce heat. Plate by placing spinach on plate, put chicken on top of spinach, add sauce, and serve.






No comments:

Post a Comment