Saturday, March 7, 2009

Chicken, green beans, and stuffing


I tried to recreate the sauce that I did on the chicken last week and failed. This sauce came out way too salty even though no salt was added to the sauce. Too weird. I had a feeling that I would not be able to get it the same again just because I was eyeballing everything. However, I did make some great stuffing.


Jazzed Up Stove Top


1 box of Whole Wheat Chicken Stove Top

6 small breakfast sausages, casing removed

1 large apple, peeled and diced into 1' pieces

1 small onion chopped

2 handfulls of dried cranberries


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet cook sausage and break up into small pieces. When sausage is no longer pink add onions and apple, cooking until onion is translucent and apple is soft. Set aside. Cook Stove Top according to package directions. When Stove Top is done transfer to a medium casserole dish and mix in sausage, onion, and apple mixture. Fold in mixture and add cranberries. Place in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment