Sunday, January 25, 2009

Souper Sunday


Today I made two soups. One was based (I only added the toppings) on recipe that the super friendly Wayne, the food taster the Newport News Trader Joe's made. Here is my version of his Soy Chorizo Corn Chowder.

1 package of soy chorizo
1 carton of Trader Joe's creamy corn and roasted red pepper soup
1 can of black beans
1 can of corn
1/3 cup of diced red bell pepper
1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
4 teaspoons of Mexican Crema
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro


Brown chorizo in soup pot. Add rest of ingredients to pot. Simmer on low for half-hour. Serve garnishing with cheese, red bell pepper and crema. Serve and enjoy.

This made a great lunch and gave me some ideas for new recipes.

Dinner tonight was Clam Chowder. I have to work on my recipe a little, but I should be posting it soon. I love a thick clam chowder and in my opinion have almost got this down. I hope that you enjoy your dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment