Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fish Nights

Friday nights are fish nights in my house. Since m husband is not the biggest fish fan and my four-year-old loves salmon we have been eating that every Friday for the last three weeks. This week I decided to branch out and get them both to try a new fish, Red Snapper. I found an excellent recipe on Epicurious, Red Snapper with black olives, tomatoes, and capers. Check out the recipe here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Red-Snapper-with-Black-Olives-Capers-and-Tomatoes-235714 My husband was not sure about trying something new, but I new that even if he did not like the fish, he would love the garnish. I have to say that this is a very good dish and I would make this again in a heartbeat. My son loved the fish and ate a good-sized portion without to much complaint which considering how dinner has been lately (two hours of him “eating”) this is saying a lot.

Today I am going to be making my osso bucco. I have three recipes that I have printed out and I figure I will make a combination of al of them and see how it turns out. I am really looking forward to this meal. I am keeping my fingers crossed that all comes out good since I do not have a dutch oven, hmmm maybe I should go shopping today? I hope that you enjoy your dinner tonight...

1 comment: