Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Burgers and Birthdays

Today is my husband's birthday. For dinner he wanted one of his favorite things that I hardly ever make, burgers. I like using extra lean ground beef for burgers, something that most cooks do not use. I have found that the lack of grease leads to a great burger. I season my meat with Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. Using a cast iron skillet I pan fry the burgers to perfection. I also cooked up some great Niman's Ranch bacon. This is some of the best bacon going. I highly recommend this product, it can be found at Trader Joe's and online at http://www.mysteak.com/Default.aspx. I served the burgers with oven cooked potato wedges. Now all of us are just waiting for our stomachs to settle before we cut into the sheet cake from Costco. Costco has the best deal on sheet cakes. For around $17 you can get a cake that serves 48 people. We have nowhere near that many people here tonight, and our cake will probably last for quite a few days.

On a different note I picked up my meat order from the farm today. I like to shop with Full Quiver Farm if you are in the Hampton Roads area check out their products at http://www.fullquiverfarm.com/. I am looking forward to trying the beef, pork, and osso bucco cuts that I purchased. I should have a great Osso Bucco recipe up in a few days. Take care and I hope that you enjoy your dinner tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment