Sunday, April 5, 2009

Salmon in a Foil Packet


OK, we are heading down to the last week of lent and I have made salmon for dinner almost every Friday since the beginning of Lent in a way that I was sure my guys would eat and devore. I am not always one to stick to the same dish, but when it works and the 5 year old actually eats without a fight in less than 4 hours, you tend to want to stick with what works. Well to be honest I am bored with salt and sugar salmon and I wanted something new. Salmon was not even on the menu until we headed to one of our favorite places to get fresh fish and they had wild caught salmon on sale for $6.99 a pound. I had told someone recently to try this recipe since she was having issues getting fish to turn out good and this is one of the easiest recipes that I have ever made. I taught one of my friends who doesn't cook (her oven wasn't used for over a year) how to make this and she was able to do this too.


Grilled Salmon Packets:


Salmon Fillet or Steak

Salt and Pepper

Lemon, sliced

Fresh Dill

Pat of Butter



Take a salmon fillet or steak and place on a piece of tin foil large enough to make a packet around the piece of fish. Season both side of fish with salt and pepper. Place skin side down and top with a pat of butter. Using the butter as an anchor, put some sprigs of fresh dill on the fish and top with a slice of lemon. Wrap up foil packet and place on a preheated grill for about 5 minutes on high. Check for desired doneness and serve when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment