Thursday, April 23, 2009

Croutons




I know that this may be a silly topic to post on, but really who does not love that added crunch in a salad. I normally buy mine, but I had some bread that was starting to go stale and I want to make some Panzanella with weekend and thought that it would be so much better if I made it with my own croutons. I had so much fun making these that I really want to make some more and experiment with different flavors. Here is a pithy recipe for croutons, I hope you bake some up for yourself and enjoy.




Some bread, can be any kind, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes


some olive oil


some salt and pepper


some seasonings, use whatever you think you would enjoy




Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place bread cubes in a bowl, mix olive oil and seasonings in a separate container. Pour oil mixture over bread and mix making sure that all cubes are coated, but not saturated. Place seasoned cubes on a cookie sheet and bake for about 20 minutes. Let croutons cool and serve with your favorite salad.


No comments:

Post a Comment