Sunday, April 5, 2009

Carne Asada Revisited


There are times when my husband really misses San Diego, that is probably every day, but I think part of why he misses it so much is the Mexican Food. We have tried a few Mexican restaurants here, but seriously, I have never had nachos covered in Enchilada Sauce before in my life, nor do I ever hope to be served something like that again. Trust me, if the menu had said there was a sauce on the nachos, I would not have even ordered them. That is just one of the experiences I have had. Another, I was being cussed at in Spanish because the waiter did not listen to my order. Seriously I lived in Southern California for close to 20 years, I know what is being said in Spanish, especially when it is negative. Needless to say that experiences like this have turned us off of going out for Mexican or at least what passes as Mexican here. So I made some yummy Baja style food for my man last night.


Easy Carne Asada

Flank Steak or other thin cut steak

1 cup of orange juice or enough to cover steak

2 green onions chopped into 1 inch pieces

2 Tablespoons of Tapitio

1 onion diced

1 bunch of chopped cilantro

corn tortillas

3 limes, sliced


Place OJ, green onions, and Tapitio in a dish, taste to see if you want more hot sauce, add steak and cover for 1 to 3 days. Heat grill on high and cook steak until just done about 6 minutes. Slice with a pizza cutter into strips. Serve with diced onion, chopped fresh cilantro, warm corn tortillas, and lime slices. Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment