Sunday, April 5, 2009

Faux Mashed Potatoes


This is a great side dish. A friend turned me on to this when I was in the low card/no carb phase of my life, and it has been a side dish that I have been cooking up ever since. There are time when I actually like this better than the real thing especially with fish. One of the best meals I feel that I have ever cooked involved this dish.


Ingredients:

1 bag of frozen cauliflower

2 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese

Seasoning options:

1/2 teaspoon of garlic

1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary

1 tablespoon of butter

2 tablespoons of diced chives

1/2 cup of cheese (Parmesan or Pecorino Romano)


In a medium sized pot bring water to a boil and cook cauliflower for about 10 minutes. You want the cauliflower to be slightly over cooked. Drain in a colander until all excess water is gone. Place cauliflower, cream cheese, and seasoning in a food processor and process until mixture reaches a consistency of mashed potatoes. If you are not getting the consistency with ingredients listed you can add some more cream cheese or chicken broth.

No comments:

Post a Comment