Saturday, January 1, 2011

Champagne and Food Pairings

So, I said I would write about some of my favorite thing to serve with Champagne and here is the shortlist....

Strawberries - the flavor of the fruit reacts great and tend to enhance the flavor of the Champagne

Triple Cream Cheeses - I adore the flavor combination of a good brie, St. Andre or other French triple cream cheese with champagne. I don't know what it is about this combination but all I can say is yum, and more please.

Smoked Salmon - I have no idea what it is about smoked salmon served with cream cheese, capers, and red onion that does it for me, but this has got to be one of the absolute best things to eat while drinking champagne.

Caviar - In my opinion this is the only thing that tops smokes salmon with champagne. A super easy way to serve this is by using kettle cooked potato chips, putting a dab of creme fresh on there, topping with some caviar and sprinkling chopped chives on top. This to my is a decadent and lovely way to enjoy bubbly.

Now as for the Champagnes well it really depends on what you like, my absolute favorite is Dom Perigion, after that is Veuve Cliccquot, followed by Domain Carnaros. 

I hope that you get a chance to serve some of these great food and Champagne pairings. If you did not try one for your new year's eve party why not share something special with your loved one on Valentine's Day, or have a nice in home date night.

No comments:

Post a Comment