Sunday, January 23, 2011

Go Bears!

Yea! Da Bears are in the playoffs and let me tell you that means that it is party time at my house. Guests are coming over and what better way to root for my team then by serving a traditional (well as close as I can get it) Chicago Dog? Now if it was the Super Bowl I would be dropping the cash and having Vienna Beef and having them "cater" for me with the real thing. But for those of you who can't get the real thing or have never tried the Windy City Classic Dog, here is a great way to get the flavors.

Chicago Dog's
A traditional dog is

Poppy Seed Buns
Celery Salt
Plochman's Yellow Mustard
Sport Peppers
Bright Green Relish
Skinless Hot Dogs
Dill Pickle Slice
Diced Onions
Tomato Slices

Most of these items are hard to find outside of the Chicago Land Area however with a few modifications you can enjoy the flavors of the dog still. By substituting dill relish for the bright green, and jalapeno slices for the sport peppers you get almost the same hot dog. Next time your favorite Chicago sports team is playing give the Chicago Dog a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment