Thursday, May 5, 2011

Cinco de mayo with Uncle Ben's

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a package of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice. It had been years since I have tried any Uncle Ben's product and I was not sure what to use it for. I decided to save it for today and make some Mexican style rice in honor of Cinco de Mayo. So, here is the recipe and I am happy that I got a chance to try a great new product too. I really did like the flavor of the rice, the nutritional value according to the package is much better than other Uncle Ben's products, but I am not used to the flavor of any rice other than good old white cali rose rice cooked in a rice cooker.  Happy eating and I hope that you give this product a try.

1 package of Uncle Ben's Whole Grain White Rice

1/2 of Jarred Salsa (I like Pace)

1 can of black beans rinsed and drained

1 can of diced tomatoes, drained

1 onion, diced

1 tablespoon of chili powder

1 tablespoon of cumin

Cook rice according to package, add in salsa, chili powder, and cumin, stir and mix well, add in black beans, tomatoes, and onion. Stir well, and serve with chicken, steak, pork, or fish. I recommend either of these recipes: Carne Asada, Tequila Lime Chicken, Mexican Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment