Monday, May 25, 2009

Mexican Grilled Chicken with Black Bean Salad


Like I said in the wine post, it was girls night so we decided to go south of the border for our flavors and attempt a recipe that my husband makes much better than I do. I will have to update this post after he makes it one night so I can figure out what he does differently with the marinade, but for now here is my version.




Mexican Grilled Chicken




4 boneless skinless chicken breasts


2 bottle of Mexican Beer (I recommend Pacifico)


1 lime


1/4 cup of coarsely chopped onion


1/4 cup of Tapatio




In a large bowl combine beer, hot sauce, and onion. Cut lime in half and squeeze the juice from both halves into beer mixture and add the lime halves to the mix. Taste and if flavors are all present add chicken. Cover bowl and marinade overnight. Heat grill on high and cook chicken for around 10 minutes on each side. Serve with black bean salad.




Black Bean Salad




1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained


1 cup of frozen or fresh corn


1/2 cup of diced red onion


2 serrano peppers, sliced thin


1 red bell pepper, diced


the juice from 2 limes




In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate, serve when cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment