Thursday, December 30, 2010

Left Over Roast

From our Christmas Dinner I have tons of left over roast beef. I have made sandwiches, and eaten the random bite from the plate, but I have also been paying around and seeing what else I can make. I am not a true brit so there was no bubble and squeek, but I did have left over uncooked cabbage and decided to play around with that and the left over roast. I created this recipe that used the some of the fat from the roast too.

One Pan Cabbage, Potatoes and Roast


Ingredients

6 small red potatoes cut into fourths

1/2 onion, sliced

10 oz. of cabbage, shredded

2 tablespoons of fat cut off left over roast beef pieces

2 to 4 cups of diced Roast Beef

Salt and pepper, to taste



Fill a medium size pot with water and add potatoes, set on stove and turn on high heat. Boil potatoes for 20-30 minutes or until fork tender. When the potatoes are half way done cooking, place fat in a medium high pan and allow it to melt and coat the pan. When the fat is melted and the potatoes should be done, drain potatoes in a colander and place onion in the pan, cook until the onion becomes translucent, add cabbage and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, sauté until cabbage begins to wilt, add beef. Cook on low heat covered, for 3 to 5 minutes to heat the beef, serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment